I have a 1998 Mitsubishi 3000GT. I used a code checker and it said that the EGR valve was malfunctioning. Ok fine, whatever. I want to fix the problem but I don't know where the damn EGR Valve is. Can someone please tell me because I can't even find a dang book on my car to help me out. If this sounds like a really stupid question guys, sorry, yes I am a female and trying to fix my car.

Do you
have the same problem?
Saturday, August 4th, 2007 AT 7:05 AM

1 Reply


No problem egr vaulve allthough I never seen under ur hood lol but if u look at ur exushaust headers there is a smaller pipe runing off it that runs to ur engineblock to the throttlebody along there there will be ur egr on my car its kinda round sphere like with to little hoses vacum lines hooked into it one on top and other mostlikly on bottom and there also the egr solinoid too if u still cant find it go to ur local auto parts store and for 20 bucks u can get a haynes or schilt maunual for ur car and it will defintly help u find it :wink:o ps egr is exausht gas reciraltion (cant spell for the life of me lol) I blocked mine off all it does is dirty ur intake manifold if u car to do the same try howellautomotive. Com foe egr block off kit only down fall is check engine light will stay on lucky for me mine doesnt work haa and no question is a stupid one

Was this
Wednesday, August 8th, 2007 AT 7:00 AM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Recommended Guides