Is it possible for an alternator to over-charge a battery and cause the battery to get really hot due to the excess electrical potential and release the sulfuric acid? It's a horrible smell! I bought a new battery because the one before it, (only 1 yr old) exhibited this. I thought that maybe something was wrong with the battery. Now the new one is doing the same thing. I know that the electrical system is out of whack, but I'm seeking an experts opinion to help me pin-point the problem.I'm getting the alternator checked tomorrow. Thanks!
have the same problem?
Sunday, March 9th, 2008 AT 9:17 PM