1998 MITSUBISHI MONTERO

• Gio6191993
  • 1998 MITSUBISHI MONTERO

1998 Mitsubishi Montero 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 155000 miles

hi guys my Mitsubishi montero sport is acting up the battery, A/T, and emergency brake lights in the dash turn on when the car is warm and if I turn it off I have to wait for the car to cool off before I start it again because it makes a noise like if the battery was dead and wont turn on but once the car cools off it starts fine then when it warms up again the dash lights go on again

Saturday, May 15th, 2010 AT 11:10 AM

• Rasmataz

Hi gio6191993, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Get the alternator load tested if okay check and test the generator relay in the engnine compartment relay box and also check multipurpose fuse no.11 10amp in the junction block behind left side of dash.

Monday, May 17th, 2010 AT 5:08 AM
  • Gio6191993

I did check all the fuses and relays and the alternator works I replaced the battery and the starting problem is solved bt the dash lights still go on after the car has been on for while

Monday, May 17th, 2010 AT 8:21 AM
  • Rasmataz

Generator relay in the engnine compartment relay box I want you test the coil side resistance it should read 60-80 ohms and the switch side is infinite and double check the wiring harness and then get back with results.

Monday, May 17th, 2010 AT 2:32 PM