MITSUBIS POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

egarcia41

October, 30, 2008 AT 1:55 PM

Computer problem
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 69,300 miles

When I changed from Park to Drive in the car, there is a hard shifting, and when on the road it has trouble changing gears. Took the car into a tranmission shop where they diagnosed the problem to be the Powertrian Control Module with code P0622. Shop told me that I need to replace the PCM which is $1K. Is that really what I need to do, or is there a simple check that I can do? Do I need to replace anything else along with the PCM and what is it and is there possibility of damage to the transmission?

Jack42

October, 30, 2008 AT 8:29 PM

As long as they checked the generator fr circuit, the only other cause listed is a failed PCM

James W.

October, 30, 2008 AT 8:34 PM

For a grand, I would sure get a 2nd opinion. Then, taking the age of the vehicle, there has to be a used unit somewhere that has some kind of warranty. Most salvage have a national hotline they can search. As far as damage to the transission, the more you drive it, the worse it will get.