MITSUBIS

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

JB8899

October, 31, 2010 AT 7:46 PM

Engine Cooling problem
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 108000 miles

I bought a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse and about a week or two after I got it, the temperature gauge would start to climb whenever I was stopped and would go back down once I got going at a decent speed. I've already replaced the thermostat and a faulty radiator cap, flushed the engine and changed the oil. The engine fans wont turn on until the gauge reaches a little over three quarters of the way to the hot marker, I don't know what else could be causing my engine to start to overheat like that

November, 3, 2010 AT 9:21 AM

Hi JB8899,

Was system bled of air?
Have you checked the fan controller (attached to cooling fan shroud)

FAN CONTROLLER

1. Remove the condenser fan motor connector. See Fig. 3 .
2. Start the engine and run it at idle.

CAUTION:Stay clear of the fan when starts running.

3. Turn the A/C switch to the ON position.

4. Measure the voltage between the fan controller (side connector) terminals while the fan is running. The voltage should repeat values 0V, 5.6-10.8V, and battery voltage.

5. If the voltage does not repeatedly change as indicated, replace the radiator fan motor and fan
controller assembly.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_FAnController03EclipseFig03_1.jpg

Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage