2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse battery

NTC8701
  • 2000 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE
Have a question about my Eclipse. My wife left the dome light on and I have tried to charge the battery and it currently has over 12 volts and I can get the car to run from the charger and as soon as I take off the charger leads, the car stalls. I have taken out the alternator and had it checked and it seems to be fine. I will also mentioned the 1st time the jumper cables were put on the battery from another vehicle, they were placed on the terminals backwards. Could this be a relay problem? I also have checked the fuse on the positive terminal and it seems to be OK, but corroded.
Monday, December 1st, 2008 AT 11:42 AM

JAMES W.
Sounds like your battery isn't taking a charge. If you leave the charger on for a while, a couple hours, and disconnect the charger. Does it start? If no, your battery is bad.
Monday, December 1st, 2008 AT 2:13 PM
KHLOW2008
Hi ntc8701,

Reverse installation of jumper cables would cause main fuses to blow and that would result in non charging.

I would suggest checking/testing the main fuses, fusible links and the battery terminals.
Monday, December 1st, 2008 AT 2:20 PM