1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse clutch pedal goes all the way down

ARMANDOZAMORANO
  • 1999 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE
When I push the clutch pedal I goes all the way down, I used to have to pump it for it to want to go into gear, now it won't even come back up.
Friday, October 2nd, 2009 AT 11:25 AM

LEONU4
Thanks for the post. Under the hood near the brake master cylinder is a small cup like clutch master cylinder, with a small white round cap. Dot 3 brake fluid goes in there. You may or may not know all this. If its low on fluid, fill it. Also there is a clutch slave cylinder with a bleeder screw attatched to it. This is where you bleed it to get a full pedal. Takes two people. One pumps up the pedal & holds it down, while in the down position the other person opens the srew, lets air & fluid come out & closes it back, now while the cl. Master cyl is way up high, the clu. Slave cyl. Is way low between the lower part of the radiator & the transmission bellhousing. A fluid line runs from one to the other. You can do this. With help. Afterwards clean all access fluid to check for leaks in the future. If no leaks r present you have a faulty clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder. Please let us know how u proceed & what happens. Thanks.
+1
Saturday, October 3rd, 2009 AT 9:44 PM
ARMANDOZAMORANO
Thanks before for the help, I did as you said, and the pedal worked as normal for a couple of miles, eventually it did the same as before and now is in the same condition, I am going to purchase a new master clutch cylinder, but before hand I would like to know how difficult would this be, and could I get a simple walk-through of the procedure. Will donate next time. SERIOUSLY THANKS. :)
Monday, October 12th, 2009 AT 4:54 PM