1. Relieve the fuel system pressure.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
3. Drain the engine coolant and oil into suitable containers.
4. Remove the air cleaner and air intake duct.
5. Tag and detach the connectors from the following components:
Power steering pressure switch
Heated oxygen sensor
Engine coolant temperature gauge sender
Engine coolant temperature sensor
Intake air temperature sensor
Throttle position sensor
Idle air control (IAC) motor
Camshaft position sensor
EGR solenoid valve
6. Disconnect the accelerator cable from the throttle body.
7. Detach the heater hoses from the rear of the engine.
8. Disconnect the fuel lines from the fuel supply rail.
9. Detach the purge air hose and the brake booster vacuum hose connections.
10. Unfasten the overflow tube connection.
11. Mark the position of the clamp on the hose and disconnect the upper radiator hose and the water hose connections.
12. Remove the timing belt, as outlined later in this section.
13. Remove the intake manifold stay.
14. Remove the intake and exhaust camshafts.
15. Disconnect the exhaust pipe connection from the exhaust manifold.
16. Unfasten the cylinder head mounting bolts, then remove the cylinder head from the vehicle.
Monday, June 30th, 2008 AT 10:47 PM