2002 Mercury Villager Engine Gasket

MARK DAMA
  • 2002 MERCURY VILLAGER

2002 Mercury Villager 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 122, 00 miles

Local firestone facility has recommended that I replace engine gasket, rear main bearing seal set, oil pan set, replace main bearing oil seal and replace engine oil pan and or gasket for approximately $1,000.00. I have no visible evidence of oil on garage floor. They have noticed oil buildup on block. I am of the opinion to at least wait until I have visible evidence of oil dripping and recognize that sooner or later I will have to replace these parts but would prefer to wait. What do you think? I believe that this is a 6 cylinder but could be wrong;

Friday, March 7th, 2008 AT 8:17 AM

JACK42

Seals will "sweat" a small amount like you say just to keep themselves from burning up. If it anit broke, dont fix it, If there are no visible leaks, and it isnt causing a situation where you are having to add oil, then I would wait til it does leak before fixing it. But when you do, the trans has to come out, that is why it is so expensive

Saturday, March 8th, 2008 AT 8:17 AM