97 2. STII GETTING HOT!188 MILES

Mercury Tracer

enchantrared

June, 23, 2006 AT 3:21 PM

[Ib] I HAVE HAD TROUBLE BEFORE. MY CAR HAS HAD TIMMING BELTS REPLACED 2 TIMES. THERMOSTAT REPLACED2 TIMES. WATERPUMP REPLACED 2 TIMES. HEAD CHECKED FOR CRACKS. NO CRACKS, SHAVED REPLACED HEAD GASKET, ALSO REPLACED RINGS AND ROD BEARINGS WHILE I HAD ENGINE TORE APART.188000 MILES ON IT NOW. SO THOUGHT I`d ring and rod bearing it because it got so hot. Transmission won`t pull when it gets hot. Runs great now gets hot pulling steep grades or hills. WHY?Doesn`t boil water out. Help. Could it be a senser?[/B] : ? Thanks for all input: (it was the radiator.)I was supposed to use red antifreeze. Instead no one told me, and the green anti-freeze stopped my radiator up. After causeing all my Trouble.

eperry

July, 21, 2006 AT 5:04 AM

There are two temp sensors one is for your fan one is for your gauge unless your fan is belt driven but a any case replace the gauge temp sensor to be sure that it is actully get too hot.

Engine Cylinder Compression Test - All Cars