1991 Mercury Tracer 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles
According to my Chilton's manual, there are only 8 steps to the point of removing the housing unit.
But, there is nothing in the manual about what other components have to be removed.
My question is how many other components must be moved out of the way in order to get the housing unit out?
1. Disconnect the neg. battery cable
2. Drain the cooling system
3. Disconnect the heater hoses at the firewall
4. Remove the instrument panel
5. Disconnect the mode selector and temprature control cables from the cams and retaining clips
6. Remove the necessary defroster duct screws and loosen the capscrew that secures the heater-to-blower clamp
7. Remove the three heater unit mounting nuts and disconnect the antenna lead from the retaining clip.
8. Remove heater unit
9. Remove the insulator and the four brace capscrew
10. Remove the brace
11. Remove the heater core from heater unit.