CAR IS ACTING UP

Mercury Topaz

ronniv

May, 17, 2007 AT 10:20 PM

I have a 1990 mercury topaz with 120k and is a v4. When I first got it, it ran like new but its been a couple months now and ive noticed that I have trouble going up hills. Also when I start driving to fast the car will start to shake and almost feel like it is about to fall apart. One more thing my car is burning heavy oil, like I go through a bottle a day and I even tho it looks like its not leaking when I lift up the hood its all over the top of the hood and all over the wires and engine. Thanks.

merlin2021

May, 18, 2007 AT 1:42 PM

Then the oil isn't burning it's being blown out of the engine because a seal isn't doing it's job. Check you filler neck and dipstick. The power loss uphill could be a fuel (pressure) problem. Shaking. Same problem. Fuel starved!

ronniv

May, 18, 2007 AT 4:19 PM

Ok so what can I do to increase fuel pressure and is it something that I could do myself or I would have to take to a mechanic and as for the oil if this helps, when I rev my car it blows black smoke out the exhaust could that possibly be the problem aswell if so please give suggestions. Thanks.

Hood Shock Replacement - Rear Porsche
Open Hood Video
Windshield Wiper Replacement
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet