2000 Mercury Sable P0171 and P0174 (When car is idle it je

JACARRA
  • 2000 MERCURY SABLE
Whenever the car is idle, it begins to jerk and every now and then it will cut off, but I can immediatlely restart the car. When I am driving (accleraitng) the car runs fine. I took the car to get diagnosed and I was given codes P0171 and P0174. It was explained to me that the computer has recognized a rich or lean condition on one engine bank only and the probable causes are : If bank one and two codes set together then it could be the MAF sensor or fuel pressure, 2, Oxygen sensor defective, 3, Ignition misfire-repair or 4, Fuel injector problem. I read that I may just need to have my MAF sensor cleaned. What do you think it could be?
Wednesday, January 21st, 2009 AT 1:11 PM

ZACKMAN
When both banks are lean, it has sth to do with your MAF sensor. Try cleaning it.
Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 2:38 AM
JACARRA
Thank you for that. I did read many forums, but wanted to be sure before taking it in to Ford and spending hundreds of dollars. The problem was a hose had collapsed. So I had a pcv valve replaced, the hose replaced and just to be sure, the MAF cleaned with celectronic cleaner.
Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 7:48 PM
ZACKMAN
I mam glad your problem is fixed. Come back anytime.
Thursday, January 22nd, 2009 AT 9:39 PM