ERROR CODES P1151 AND P1152

1999 Mercury Sable

danunn

November, 27, 2009 AT 8:25 AM

1999 Mercury Sable 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 85000 miles

Check enginger light illuminated, took to Advance Auto for a scan and got P1151 and P1152 code.
P1151 Lack of HO2S21 switch - sensor indicates lean
P1152 Lack of HO2S21 switch - sensor indicates rich
So can I assume getting this indication means the O2 sensor has failed?

racefan966

November, 27, 2009 AT 9:57 AM

Ok yes you may have bank 2 sensor failing but I would clean the mass air flow unit first with mass air flow cleaner and then have the codes cleared if you haven't already done that and see if the codes come back. If they come back then get back to me and we will check a couple of things and find out it is an O2 sensor.

danunn

November, 27, 2009 AT 10:34 AM

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately this is my daughters car and I have until 9ish tonight (east coast time) to take care of this before she heads back to her home. Currently in the process of replaceing the alternator. Anyway, I'll run up to the auto parts store for the cleaner and try that.

racefan966

November, 27, 2009 AT 10:51 AM

OK let me know how it goes. If that don't fix it then let me know and let me know when you will have the car back so we can run a couple of test too ok.

danunn

November, 27, 2009 AT 1:31 PM

Cleaned the MAF, cleared the fault, drove for about 15 minutes and the Service Engine Soon light came back on. What next?

racefan966

November, 28, 2009 AT 8:44 AM

Ok good now pull the codes again and let me know what codes are present. If you don't have a scanner then call around to your local parts store and find one that does a free scan and have them do it. Have them clear it after you get the codes and write them down.

Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Fuel Pump Replacement
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang