NOTE: Ford does not provide camshaft gear timing marks, or information to perform timing belt service without the special tools shown in the timing belt service and repair procedure. See: Engine Timing Belt
1. Drain the engine cooling system.
2. Raise and support vehicle.
3. Remove the lower radiator hose (8286) from the water pump (8501).
4. Lower vehicle.
5. Remove the camshaft timing belt.
6. Remove the water pump retaining bolts, water pump housing gasket (8507) and water pump from the cylinder block (6010).
7. Inspect the water pump and hoses for wear or damage. Replace components as required.
1. Clean water pump and cylinder block gasket sealing surfaces using a wire brush, if required.
2. Install new water pump housing gasket and water pump onto cylinder block. Tighten retaining bolts to 16-20 Nm (12-15 ft. lbs.) .
3. Install camshaft timing belt.
4. Raise and support vehicle.
5. Lubricate lower radiator hose with Silicone Lubricant D7AZ-19553-AA or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESR-M13P4-A and install lower radiator hose onto water pump. Install lower radiator hose spring clamp securely.
6. Lower vehicle.
7. Fill engine cooling system.
8. Run engine and check for coolant leaks.
Thursday, January 21st, 2010 AT 5:34 PM