I have a 1997 Mercury Mountaineer 8 cylinder with single exhaust. The Service Engine light came on and when I had it checked it said the front o2 sensor was bad. I replaced both the front and rear senso, disconncected the battery for about an hour to reset the code. The light stayed off for about 30 miles and now is back on. Is it possible to get a bad sensor? Do you have any suggestions.
have the same problem?
Tuesday, October 9th, 2007 AT 4:25 PM
First keep driving for a day or two! Even tho you thought you reset the PCM, you didn't! If you fixed it, it takes several drive cycles to go off! Or reset with a scantool.