1968 MERCURY MONTEGO ENGINE NOT TURNING OVER

• scotlandrugby15
  • 1968 Mercury Montego

1968 Mercury Montego V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 75000 miles

I have a 1968 Mercury Montego 8cyl 302 V8 and I cant get the car to turn over and run. I have put in a new Battery, Alternator, solenoid, spark plugs and a starter. I also Put in fluids in the car but it is not running. What else would I need to do to get it started.

Tuesday, July 27th, 2010 AT 1:33 PM

• rasmataz

Do below

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it and keep testing

Tuesday, July 27th, 2010 AT 2:28 PM