REVERSE NOT WORKING

1994 Mercedes Benz S320

psstenn

April, 15, 2010 AT 9:48 AM

1994 Mercedes Benz S320 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 200002 miles

My mercedes will not go into reverse at all. It just stalls. Everything else works just fine. The drive gear works perfectly but when in reverse, it may as well be in park. Can you give me some idea of what it may be?

mhpautos

April, 18, 2010 AT 6:24 PM

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation.

As you have Drive, the torque converter and oil pump is working, I would be thinking that the problem may be with in the valve body, is there any feel of movement? Does the car load up in gear? With this problem I would suggest that you get a transmission specialist to do test and report as these transmissions are quite complex and the prospect of doing a home repair is not very practicable.

jamie81ftw

June, 11, 2012 AT 1:56 PM

My trans drive and rest forward works revers engages but does not move

rivermikerat

July, 20, 2012 AT 3:52 PM

Jamie, same recommendation: If the trans works fine in Drive, you most likely have a valve body issue. When was the last time you had the transmission serviced; ie fluid and filter changed?

Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250