1994 MERCEDES BENZ S320 REVERSE NOT WORKING

• psstenn
  • 1994 Mercedes Benz S320

1994 Mercedes Benz S320 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 200002 miles

My mercedes will not go into reverse at all. It just stalls. Everything else works just fine. The drive gear works perfectly but when in reverse, it may as well be in park. Can you give me some idea of what it may be?

Thursday, April 15th, 2010 AT 9:48 AM

• mhpautos

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation.

As you have Drive, the torque converter and oil pump is working, I would be thinking that the problem may be with in the valve body, is there any feel of movement? Does the car load up in gear? With this problem I would suggest that you get a transmission specialist to do test and report as these transmissions are quite complex and the prospect of doing a home repair is not very practicable.

Sunday, April 18th, 2010 AT 6:24 PM
  • jamie81ftw

My trans drive and rest forward works revers engages but does not move

Monday, June 11th, 2012 AT 1:56 PM
  • rivermikerat

Jamie, same recommendation: If the trans works fine in Drive, you most likely have a valve body issue. When was the last time you had the transmission serviced; ie fluid and filter changed?

Friday, July 20th, 2012 AT 3:52 PM