2000 MERCEDES BENZ ML320 MISFIRE

• john j lee
  • 2000 Mercedes Benz ML320

Engine problem
2000 Mercedes Benz ML320 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 59800 miles

My MB ML320 all of a sudden developed a misfire. The computer code P0300 shows cylinder 2 but other cylinders have also misfired. I checked one of the two plugs in cylinder 2 and it is clean and normal. I replaced the mass air flow sensor about a week before this new problem started. With the miss there is a general lack of power but particularly under load. The car runs fine at 80 mph but does not accelerate. Any ideas?

Monday, February 18th, 2008 AT 4:18 PM

• mastertechtim

By the info you are giving us the most common thing would be the coil, but there are about 20 other things that could cause it. Check to see if there is spark if you can.

Monday, February 18th, 2008 AT 4:47 PM
  • chevy012

I have worked for a mercedes dealer for 2 years and have seen this problem alot, usually just replacing the coil wires for that particular cylinder will correct the problem, rarely have I seen coils fail. One way to test the coil wires since when they fail it is an internal resistance problem inside the wire, is to swap the coil/and or plugs to a different cylinder and check if the misfire follows, you will need a sds machine for this though. If not start with the cables

+1
Tuesday, February 26th, 2008 AT 9:14 PM