WHERE DO I POUR THE POWER STEERING

1993 Mercedes Benz 500sl

devildogdad

March, 30, 2009 AT 4:17 PM

Steering problem
1993 Mercedes Benz 500sl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

Can't find where to pour power steering fluid. I checked it with the dipstick and it's dry. Do I pour it into where the dipstick is?

bcelani

April, 21, 2009 AT 11:07 PM

The power steering fluid reservoir is under the hood at the front of the engine and easily accessible. The cast aluminum reservoir has a large black knurled plastic nut that holds the top on the reservoir. Turn the nut counterclockwise and remove it, then take the top off the reservoir. The reservoir has a fluid filter in the bottom that can be removed and replaced using a pair of needle nose pliers to extract it. Fluid retains water so its a good idea to remove the fluid every couple of years with a turkey baster and replenish it up to the cold mark on the center post. The top has a rubber o-ring that should be replaced as well to make sure the cavity is sealed

Power Steering Box Replacement Chevy Tahoe
Power Steering Fluid Flush Acura MDX 2000-200
Power Steering Fluid Change Kia Sportage