SQUEELING NOISE WHEN ENGINE IS COLD

Mazda Protege

Craig63

September, 20, 2007 AT 8:27 PM

I have a 2001 Mazda Protege with 80,000 miles with a 1.6 liter engine. I just got all of the belts replaced, timing belt, struts, tuned up, and oil changed. It was suggested that I change my water pump but the cost was getting too high for me to afford so I told my mechanic I would hold on until next time. Here is my problem now:

When I start my car and filp on the air conditioner, I get a real loud squeeling noise that will go on for the first couple of stops and goes, and once the car warms up its fine. Alot of times I will just turn the a/c off and it would be fine. Now more recently, its doing it with no a/c on. Could this be the water pump or an a/c clutch? I would hate to take it in for the second time this summer and have another major repair bill. I was hoping this could be an easy fix. I have eliminated the belts. It was actually doing this before I took it to my mechanic and thought changing the belts would fix the problem. It didn't. Please help, Thank you for your time and effort.

Craig

BMRFIXIT

September, 20, 2007 AT 8:33 PM

Start the car and spray the belt with wd 40
if noise changes your belts needs adjustment

Oil Change/Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast