IS IT OKAY TO USE A UNIVERSAL OXYGEN SENSOR FOR MY CAR?

Mazda Protege

ausemiyw

October, 17, 2007 AT 11:02 AM

Hi! I have a 2002 Mazda Protege LX with 87,000 miles on it. I have been having problems with it idling roughly, not being able to accelerate, and even dying when at a light or in traffic. I went to the shop and they told me that I need a new oxygen sensor (bank one). They said the price was around $300 for the part and $70 to put it in. I called my auto parts store and they said that they have a universal part for $70. What is the difference? Can I use the universal part? They also told me that with universal sensors most people have problems figuring how to connect it. What do you suggest? Thanks so much. : Mrgreen:

fisherman

October, 17, 2007 AT 11:55 AM

Hello !

Well You can use the universal O2 sensor, its not as good as the original but does the job.

(but with that amount of money you are going to save you can buy three of them easy!)
also they come with the instruction booklet and butt connectors to attach your original conn. To it. (You have to use your existing conn. )

That s a DIY (do it yourself) Task.

Easy to find. Easy to remove. Easy to install !

Any question do not hesitate to ask!

Good Luck

: D

(BTW thanks a lot for your Donation ! )

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast