SPEED O METER STOP WORKING...???

1994 Mazda MX6

sharkster

June, 27, 2009 AT 5:29 AM

Interior problem
1994 Mazda MX6 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 171000 miles

Hi, I just bought this 94 mazda mx6/Mystere a week ago and after it came out of the garage it wasnt working. Dont know if the guy is sabotaging my car, but I cant trust him? I need to fix this problem myself.(And yeah if you were wondering what did I meant by not trusting him. He was constently telling to sell the car to him, cause it has to much problem, funny huh!)

June, 27, 2009 AT 5:33 AM

Check the vehicle speed sensor on the speedometer assembly

sharkster

June, 27, 2009 AT 1:51 PM

The light also dont work in the dashboard, could it be that the bulbs are dead or that is unplung in the back of it.

June, 27, 2009 AT 5:19 PM

Dunno what's causing it, you need to go behind and investigate

sharkster

July, 9, 2009 AT 2:36 PM

I went behind the dashboard and found that the light for the dashboard was unplug like I predicted and look also the windshield wiper were only unplug. I just need to know where could the speed sensor on a 94 mazda mx6 to check if they remove it or unplug it? Please and thx.

July, 9, 2009 AT 7:09 PM

The VSS is right on the speedometer assembly

sharkster

July, 10, 2009 AT 1:50 PM

Hi again, yup you were right again, I went under the dashboard remove the speedometer kit like you told me to and found that there is 2 chip or black fuses missing. Thnx. In this case with the story and all. What could I do?

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Window Switch Replacement and Test
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Door Panel Removal & Speaker Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement