TURBO PROBLEMS

1988 Mazda MX6

shaggy2dope1989

December, 5, 2009 AT 3:59 AM

1988 Mazda MX6 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 250000 miles

hi for some reason the turbo is throwing oil all into the intake I dont even know were to start I never owed a car with a turbo so it runs like a 2stroke blue smoke and its full of oil not a lil drop here and there its full juss pooring out and is it safe driving like this? Or should I get a ok one from the junkyards for now

mhpautos

December, 5, 2009 AT 4:11 AM

Hi there,

You may have blown a turbo seal, if this is the case you will have to get this done by a turbo specialist as this is a very precise operation and if the turbo balance is incorrect you will destroy it.

shaggy2dope1989

December, 5, 2009 AT 4:16 AM

Ok well were I live there is no one that will touch this turbo closes person is sacromento is it safe to drive the car like this or should I get a good one from a junkyard for now?

mhpautos

December, 5, 2009 AT 5:56 AM

Driving will be a problem as the oil consumption will be great, getting one from a wreckers can be a problem as you don't know the history and you don't want to send good $$ on a possible problem, first thing to do is get a local mechanic to confirm this diagnosis, if it is the turbo seal, you should be able to get it repaired with a few days turn around if you have to ship it out of town, check this option first.