2002 Mazda MPV EGR Valve Removal amp Replacement

T.C. BURNS
  • 2002 MAZDA MPV

2002 Mazda MPV 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 68000 miles

How can I get access to the EGR tube attachment on the side of the EGR valve and loosen the nut holding the tube on the side of the valve body. There appears to be no way to get a wrench on this tube nut. Would it be better to remove the entire EGR valve with the tube intact in order to get access to the tube nut?

Thursday, February 28th, 2008 AT 3:26 PM

MASTERTECHTIM

May I ask why you are replacing the valve?

Thursday, February 28th, 2008 AT 5:00 PM
T.C. BURNS

I am cvhanging the EGR valve due to a check engine code and rough running that has been traced back to the EGR valve. Thanks to Mazda, the entire valve must be replaced since they do not service the solenoid. The tube nut on the back side of the valve body is almost impossible to access.

Thursday, February 28th, 2008 AT 5:24 PM
MASTERTECHTIM

Just making sure the valve is bad because usually the problem is the dpfe sensor and not the valve. There is a special tool I use to remove that nut. Did you try disconnecting the valve and see if that makes it run better.

-1
Thursday, February 28th, 2008 AT 5:28 PM