2002 MAZDA B3000 DELAYED COOLING

• dprozzo
  • 2002 Mazda b3000

Air Conditioning problem
2002 Mazda b3000 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 91,000 miles

Instead of cooling almost instantly after turning on the truck, it now takes 3-4 miles of driving before the air starts to get cool.

Thursday, August 5th, 2010 AT 1:51 AM

• rasmataz

Hi dprozzo, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Possibilties here could be one of the following: a faulty low pressure cut off switch, magnetic clutch, AC control switch, temperature sensor and HVAC control module.

Thursday, August 5th, 2010 AT 6:00 AM
  • dprozzo

I just had it idling in the driveway and it took about 10 minutes to start cooling. Is there anything else I can do to narrow down the possibilities?

Of those things that you mentioned, are there any items that are easier to replace than others? (I'm not a mechanic, but I can do a few things. And I'm pretty good about not getting in over my head.)

Thursday, August 5th, 2010 AT 10:53 AM
  • rasmataz

Try checking the air blend door if its functioning correctly-might be the actuator malfunctioning or the HVAC control unit-Hard to say you need to troubleshoot the items I've suggested and instead of parts replacement could be costly

Thursday, August 5th, 2010 AT 3:24 PM