DELAYED COOLING

2002 Mazda b3000

dprozzo

August, 5, 2010 AT 1:51 AM

Air Conditioning problem
2002 Mazda b3000 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 91,000 miles

Instead of cooling almost instantly after turning on the truck, it now takes 3-4 miles of driving before the air starts to get cool.

A/c 02 L 300

Ac Will Not Turn On!!!

August, 5, 2010 AT 6:00 AM

Hi dprozzo, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Possibilties here could be one of the following: a faulty low pressure cut off switch, magnetic clutch, AC control switch, temperature sensor and HVAC control module.

dprozzo

August, 5, 2010 AT 10:53 AM

I just had it idling in the driveway and it took about 10 minutes to start cooling. Is there anything else I can do to narrow down the possibilities?

Of those things that you mentioned, are there any items that are easier to replace than others? (I'm not a mechanic, but I can do a few things. And I'm pretty good about not getting in over my head.)

August, 5, 2010 AT 3:24 PM

Try checking the air blend door if its functioning correctly-might be the actuator malfunctioning or the HVAC control unit-Hard to say you need to troubleshoot the items I've suggested and instead of parts replacement could be costly

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue