1996 MAZDA B2300 HARD 1ST AND R

• bam87
  • 1996 Mazda b2300

1996 Mazda b2300 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 106000 miles

IVE RECENTLY BOUGHT AN 96 MAZDA B2300 4SLY 5 SPEED MANUAL, AND HAVE/HAD TROUBLES SHIFTING INTO FIRST AND REVERCE FROM AN STOP POSISTION. THINKING, THAT I HAD AIR IN MY MASTER SYLENDER, I REMOVIED THE HOLE SYSTEM FROM MY TRANNY AND BEGAN TO BENCH BLEED THE LINES. AFTER REASEMBALING, I FOUND AN SOFT CLUCH PEDDLE!
READING OTHER REVIEWS, I BEGAN DRIVING AROUND MY BLOCK TO BULID PRESHER BY DRIVING! &Quot;NOT RECAMENDED" AS I DROVE FARTHER DISTENCES, MY CLUCH BEGAN TO SEEM NORMAL AS IF IT WAS FIXED!
LITTLE DID I KNOW 100+ MILES LATER, IM BACK TO THE SAME PRADICTAMENT. HARD/NO FIRST OR REVERCE.
IS THEIR ANY-THING THAT CAN BE CAUSING MY TRANNY NOT TO ENGAGE? OR DO I YEST NEED AN NEW CLAVE SYLENDER?
ANY HELP WOULD GREATLY BE APRESHEADED! -BAM

Monday, November 8th, 2010 AT 6:13 AM

• KHLow2008

Hi bam87,

The master or slave cylinders could be failing resulting in insufficient trvel of the clutch fork to release the clutch.

If pedal pressure is felt very low, check the master cylinder push rod to pedal adjustment/free play. Adjust if necessary.

Monday, November 8th, 2010 AT 11:43 AM
  • bam87

THANK YOU VARY MUCH FOR YOUR FAST REPLY! ILL TRY TO AJUST THE FREE PLAY, AND POSIBLY LOOK INTO REPLACING THE MASTER/SLAVE. -BAM

Monday, November 8th, 2010 AT 11:44 PM
  • KHLow2008

You're welcome. Let me know how it goes.

Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 AT 6:34 AM