SLIPS WHEN RAINING AND NO ADJUSTMENT VISIBLE

2007 Mazda 5

hellkins

June, 11, 2010 AT 10:24 AM

Air Conditioning problem
2007 Mazda 5 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 62317 miles

My a/c belt slips when it rains on the A/C compressor only. The belt goes from the a/c compressor to the main crank pulley and there is no visible adjustment that I can see. Do you know any way to adjust this belt?

mhpautos

June, 11, 2010 AT 10:32 AM

Hi there,

There is a special tool require to install a new belt, there is no adjustment, if the belt is noisy, a new belt must be installed, you will have to get a dealer or a mechanic who has the special tool to do this.

hellkins

June, 11, 2010 AT 10:55 AM

What about shimming up the a/c compressor. There is a lot of threards left on the bolts that go into the bottom of the block. Could I stack some washers of all equal size on the a/c compressor bolts to tightend the belt slightly. It only slps when it rains.

mhpautos

June, 11, 2010 AT 7:51 PM

Personally I would nor be messing around doing this, you may spend hours trying to get it correct, I would go get the new belt fitted.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chevrolet
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Serpentine Belt Replacement Saturn Vue
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz