2007 MAZDA 5 SLIPS WHEN RAINING AND NO ADJUSTMENT VISIBLE

• hellkins
  • 2007 Mazda 5

Air Conditioning problem
2007 Mazda 5 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 62317 miles

My a/c belt slips when it rains on the A/C compressor only. The belt goes from the a/c compressor to the main crank pulley and there is no visible adjustment that I can see. Do you know any way to adjust this belt?

Friday, June 11th, 2010 AT 10:24 AM

• mhpautos

Hi there,

There is a special tool require to install a new belt, there is no adjustment, if the belt is noisy, a new belt must be installed, you will have to get a dealer or a mechanic who has the special tool to do this.

Friday, June 11th, 2010 AT 10:32 AM
  • hellkins

What about shimming up the a/c compressor. There is a lot of threards left on the bolts that go into the bottom of the block. Could I stack some washers of all equal size on the a/c compressor bolts to tightend the belt slightly. It only slps when it rains.

Friday, June 11th, 2010 AT 10:55 AM
  • mhpautos

Personally I would nor be messing around doing this, you may spend hours trying to get it correct, I would go get the new belt fitted.

Friday, June 11th, 2010 AT 7:51 PM