MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR

2007 Toyota Corolla

ewwjunior

April, 11, 2013 AT 2:11 PM

I recently bought a 2007 Toyota Corolla LE and the check engine light went on a week after my purchase. I took it in right away and was told it was a faulty Mass Air Flow censor. I got it replaced and the light came on again 10 hours later. I took it back, they said it was the Mass Air Flow Censor, again, and they kept it for a couple days. Said I was good to go. The light came on again an hour later. I took it to Autozone to have it scanned and it said SYSTEM TOO LEAN. I called the dealer and they said maybe the air filter cover was not on securely, I lifted it and put it in the slots and back on completely and he said maybe it would go off after a number of "cycles" it is still on. What should I do?

hmac300

April, 12, 2013 AT 5:53 AM

Check your fuel pressure first as this can cause lean condition then check for any grommets on valve covers for broken or holes in them including hoses.

Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995