Thank you for the donation.
Falling windows are caused by a bad window regulator.
Here are the removal procedures.
WINDOW REGULATOR (FRONT DOOR)
1. Remove door trim panel.
2. Remove the screw and inside handle, then disconnect the 2 cables.
3. Remove the speaker by disconnecting the connector and removing the 3 screws.
4. Remove the service hole cover by removing the 2 grommets.
5. Remove the door belt moulding.
CAUTION: Do not damage the door glass.
6. Remove the window glass. Open the door glass until the bolts appear in the service hole.
Remove the 2 bolts and door glass. Pull the glass upward to remove it. Remove the door glass run.
WARNING: If the link or door key lock and unlock switch is touched, the power window might start it's operating, causing unexpected injury to an operator. As the circuit of the key - linked up -and -down function of the power window is isolated, even if the connector of the power window master switch is disconnected the key - linked up -and -down function operates.
CAUTION: When performing the service operation inside the front door on the driver's side, make sure to perform it with the battery terminal or connector of the power window motor disconnected.
7. Remove the window regulator. Disconnect the connector. Remove the 6 bolts and the window
regulator through the service hole.
NOTE: Apply MP grease to the sliding and rotating parts of the window regulator.
1. Install the window regulator with the 6 bolts, through the service hole. Connect the connector.
2. Install the door glass run. Install the window glass. Put the door glass in the door panel carefully. Install the door glass with the 2 bolts to the window regulator.
3. Install the door belt moulding. See Fig. 15 .
NOTE: When installing the service hole cover, pull out the cables and connectors through the service hole cover.
4. Install the service hole cover to the door panel. Install the 2 grommets.
5. Install the speaker with the 3 screws. Connect the connector.
6. Install the inside handle. Connect the 2 cables, then install the inside handle with the screw.
Check that the door lock knob moves securely to the LOCK and UNLOCK positions when
moving the door lock knob. When the knob doesn't move to the LOCK and UNLOCK stop
positions, move the locking cable installation position back and forth to adjust it.
7. Install the door trim panel.
Saturday, August 22nd, 2009 AT 12:11 PM