DISPLAY SCREEN

2002 Lexus RX 300

jstansel

June, 14, 2010 AT 3:39 PM

2002 Lexus RX 300 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 127000 miles

My Center Display Screen that displays ALL information (i.e, radio stations, temp, trip info, mileage info) including being the screen for my GPS system has vertical lines across 4/5 of the screen. The dealer said the Display Screen would have to be replaced, and I am wanting to replace it myself. I need to know if there are any special tools or tricks into removing this part out from the dash? I cannot find a repair manual or book that show how to remove this section of the dash. I want to be very careful as this car is in excellent condition. Can you please direct me in how to carefully and safely remove the display screen without damaging my dash?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/539021_Display_Screen_01_2.jpg

caradiodoc

June, 16, 2010 AT 3:13 PM

Hi jstansel. Welcome to the forum. I was asked to try to help you. I saw your post earlier but thought maybe some smart people would respond : ) Regardless of the brand of car, look at it as how can it go together the fastest on the assembly line. The typically way the faceplate is attached is by snapping on with spring-loaded clips. If you have good fingernails, you should be able to grab behind the seam and pull forward. That will expose the mounting screws.

Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Serpentine Belt Replacement Ford Contour
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front