BATTERY/ALT/ELECTRICAL

Lexus

Jeff Backner

April, 25, 2007 AT 8:34 PM

My Battery light has been coming on when I drive my car for about a mile or two and then goes off, until today it just stayed on. I ordered a belt tensioner thinking it is slipping a little bit and/or my ALT is going bad But still check 13.8 volts from the Alt at the Battery not the back of the Alt. So I had to get a new battery tonight since I have been running on it for days but now my O/D light just started blinking on and off and my E-brake light has been coming on when I excel or stop quickly for months and I just thought it was a sensor going bad or loose, But now I wonder if I have a bigger electronical issue? Could this be two seperate issues all together? Or is there electronical problems that I am over looking?

Thank-You very much for listening!

Jeff B in Pittsburgh PA

My Alternator Quit Charging

Charging System Trouble

bestbet777

April, 26, 2007 AT 8:02 PM

Testing and repairing charging circuit needs to all be done at the same time. Test battery, starter, altenator and regulator and repair all same day. Any one piece can cause the otthers to go bad fast sometimes in less that a day.

Alternator testing done right
Alternator Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Alternator Replacement Ford Super Duty