ERROR CODE P1354 VARIABLE VALVE TIMINING

2002 Lexus LS 430

Prebleg

February, 10, 2010 AT 8:27 AM

2002 Lexus LS 430 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

This is my wife's car. She said the check engine light came on and the low oil pressure light came on then went off. This happened a couple of times in one day. When I looked at it the check engine light was off but I checked the ODB and I found an error code P1354 (see above). I reset the code.
What should I do now? Should I wait and see if he problem re-occurs or plan on fixing it. What is the fix for this problem?
Look forward to hearing from you
gp

Jack42

February, 10, 2010 AT 10:43 AM

Was it low on oil? I would verify oil pressure with amanual gauge, just to be sure. Sounds like the oil sender/switch may be shorting out causing the related code. The valve timing utilizes oil pressure, so if it is low on oil pressure it can set the light for the VVT adn the oil pressure warning light

Prebleg

February, 10, 2010 AT 2:44 PM

It was not low on oil. Where would I hook up a manual guage? At the sending unit? Where is that located?

Jack42

February, 10, 2010 AT 3:00 PM

Yes, at the oil pressure switch, it is on the lower left side of the engine. May want to install a " T" so that you can keep the factory pressure switch in there working so it doesnt set another light unnecesarily

Camshaft Angle Sensor Replacement P0015
Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement