AFTER TUNE UP CAR STOPS

1994 Lexus LS 400

summa

February, 15, 2010 AT 10:23 AM

Engine Mechanical problem 1994 Lexus LS 400 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 265000 miles after tune-up, car ran for about 30 minutes. Drove down the road about a 1/2 mile to a mile, car stopped and won't start back. Car is turning over like it should but won't start-up.

Timing/tuning Problem With A

Tuning

1 ANSWER

February, 15, 2010 AT 4:02 PM

Hi summa, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Cranking over and will not start. Do below to determine if its fuel, spark and compression related issue

Fuel and Spark: Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 in away from ground have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor camshaft and crankshaft sensors and computer. Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Compression: If both correct fuel pressure and snapping blue spark is present-check engine compression could be a valve and ignition timing, issue -this will lead you to problems with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing belt/chain

summa

February, 15, 2010 AT 9:49 PM

Thank you so much I was so upset because I thought the guy try to get over on me but I took it to another shop and they said what you said, so now im feeling a little better about the situation. Again thank you