PLEASE HELP!!!

1993 Lexus LS 400

at_the_end10

July, 31, 2010 AT 9:44 PM

Smells problem
1993 Lexus LS 400 V8 Automatic 242000 miles

i have a 93 lexus ls400.I have fixed everything on the car. I fixed the timing belt. Its PERFECT. Changed the starter, the sub throttle sensors, O2 sensors, and crank sensor. Now there is black smoke coming out of my exaust and it smells really bad. What do I need to do.I dont know what to do with this car anymore.

mhpautos

July, 31, 2010 AT 9:47 PM

Hi there,

This smoke is an indication that it is running extremely rich, maybe to the point that an injector has failed, get a fuel rail test done and see if it holds pressure, a stuck injector will bleed off fuel rail pressure, start here.

at_the_end10

August, 5, 2010 AT 5:29 PM

When we first bought the car in january the car ran great. After we changed the starter the injecters started to click. What does that mean, does that have anything to do with the problem you said.

mhpautos

August, 5, 2010 AT 6:35 PM

Hi there,

The fuel injector is just an electronic valve that opens and closes depending on fuel requirements, they do click that is the valve working, I am more concerned that one or more are leaking causing your problem.

at_the_end10

August, 5, 2010 AT 6:52 PM

Is there any way that I can check the fuel test myself. I dont have the money to take to the shop unless I absolutely have to

mhpautos

August, 5, 2010 AT 6:56 PM

To do this correctly and get the exact results we need to see there is special equipment needed to test injectors on or off the car, a simple fuel rail pressure test may show up a badly leaking injector, but you still need equipment to do this.

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast