1992 LEXUS LS 400 MY BATTERY

• MOOLexls400
  • 1992 Lexus LS 400

1992 Lexus LS 400 V8 All Wheel Drive Automatic 128108 miles

My name is Nick and I own a 1992 Lexus LS400. If I leave my car on without the engine running for about 45 minutes my car will not start. I thought my battery was dead because my over head light seemed a little dim, but the mechanic told me that my battery was fine. Does anyone know what the problem is please let me know.

Thank You.

Saturday, April 4th, 2009 AT 7:11 PM

• KevinsToyotaLexus

When you say it won't start, does it crank or does it crank slow? If it's a cranking problem, please see below.

For my 91 LS400, I condemned a few batteries before I realized the startor motor itself was bad. Mine lasted almost 200,000 miles. This isn't an easy job. The starter is located in the intake manifold and is a very expensive repair. If you have checked and confirmed all power and grounds are clean and tight, and the battery and alternator are ok, then you probably have a tired starter motor. I, personally, would recommend a new Lexus starter whether you or someone else installes it.

Good luck

- Kevin

Monday, May 4th, 2009 AT 7:43 PM