CAR STOPPING

1994 Lexus ES 400

vwarren29

June, 1, 2009 AT 4:47 PM

1994 Lexus ES 400 Automatic

My car has recently started this problem to where as when I am driving it, it will just cut off. I was told it was the feul pump and I got that replaced. Then I was told it was the ingitor box and I got that replaced. They dont know what else it could be. The last thing I was told was it could be the crank sensor or the kamp sensor? But I havent checked these two out. What do you think

Ernest Clark

March, 3, 2010 AT 7:52 PM

You should never play a guessing game and start replacing part.

The proper way to trouble a drivability issue is to isolate the system causing the problem and then proceed with a logical diagnostic sequence until you find the fault.

This include testing the components before you replace them. Other wise you'll just burn through your time and money, that could've been used on a qualified mechanic.

I don't mean to lecture you, but for future references, don't listen to people and their guesses.

From my experience, your problem sounds like a Crankshaft position sensor. But check it and compare your reading to specs before replacing it.

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet