RANGE RED BRAKE LIGHT IS ON AFTER REPLACING THE

2004 Rover Range Rover

moerski

July, 2, 2009 AT 2:42 PM

2004 Range Rover 61000 miles

Hi,

I just replaced the front PADs on my 2004 Range Rover. I used the old sensor since it was still in a good shape. My rear PADs are still good. I expected that my warning Brake light will go off, but it did not. Is this something that is set and need a code through the computer to turn it off? What do you think is the cause of this? What could I do to have this turn off? What is the remedy?

racefan966

July, 3, 2009 AT 9:32 AM

Ok first is the brake fluid to the full mark? Is the parking brake handle all the way down? These can also turn on that light. Let me know what you find.

moerski

July, 3, 2009 AT 5:56 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your reply to my questions. I checked the two items, brake fluid level and emergency brake and both are OK.
Is it possible that the needs a code to reset this warning?
Could this be because the old sensor that I kept is no good?

Thanks.

racefan966

July, 6, 2009 AT 1:05 PM

It could be the old sensor but cant be sure at this point. Do you have a digital multi meter to run a couple of tests?

moerski

July, 6, 2009 AT 3:51 PM

Hi,

I do have a Multi Meter, but it is not digital. Can it work?

racefan966

July, 7, 2009 AT 9:20 AM

Is it battery operated? See digital or battery operated are easier on the computer so let me know and we will do a couple of test to see what we can find.

moerski

July, 7, 2009 AT 2:33 PM

Hi,

It is a small batter operated that I use for Voltage or Resistance or batter checking. Let me know what kind of test you want to perform.

racefan966

July, 8, 2009 AT 8:27 PM

Ok which light is on the brake light or the abs light? Get back to me so we can do the right tests.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement