1995 RANGE ROVER BOILING WATER

• RickyA
  • 1995 Rover Range Rover

Engine Cooling problem
1995 Range Rover V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 38,000 miles

i have a 1995 Range Rover 4.0 SE. The water boils after 20 minutes of idle and I just had the cylinder heads rebuilt and the gaskets replaced. The temp gauge stays halfway. The mechanic says that the engine block may have to be rephased and I don't want to spend so much on the car. Can you advise what other possible causes are for the boiling water? How can I check if the blocks really have to be rephased? Thank you in advance!

Wednesday, December 10th, 2008 AT 11:49 AM

• Dave H

Check the water pump is working and have the cooling system flushed

Tuesday, January 5th, 2010 AT 5:05 AM
  • pasorobles-john

The range rover shop in town has a procedure for every range rover that comes in with cooling issues, one of the first things they do is check the radiator.
I recently changed my head gaskets and evry other item having to do with the cooling system. After 20 minutes it would overheat, I pulled the radiator out and took it to a radiator shop, he said it was 70%plugged. I put it in and now it runs at halfway on the gauge, and doesnt go higher even in summer with ac on. Flushing radiator should be a yearly thing on a range rover.

Wednesday, March 10th, 2010 AT 4:51 PM
  • brianspatz

I have flushed the system and checked for air locks all fine water pump is ok

Wednesday, December 15th, 2010 AT 12:18 AM
  • Dave H

Flushing the radiator does not alway's clear all blockages. It could still be partially blocked?

Wednesday, December 15th, 2010 AT 1:08 AM