RANGE BOILING WATER

1995 Rover Range Rover

RickyA

December, 10, 2008 AT 11:49 AM

Engine Cooling problem
1995 Range Rover V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 38,000 miles

i have a 1995 Range Rover 4.0 SE. The water boils after 20 minutes of idle and I just had the cylinder heads rebuilt and the gaskets replaced. The temp gauge stays halfway. The mechanic says that the engine block may have to be rephased and I don't want to spend so much on the car. Can you advise what other possible causes are for the boiling water? How can I check if the blocks really have to be rephased? Thank you in advance!

Dave H

January, 5, 2010 AT 5:05 AM

Check the water pump is working and have the cooling system flushed

pasorobles-john

March, 10, 2010 AT 4:51 PM

The range rover shop in town has a procedure for every range rover that comes in with cooling issues, one of the first things they do is check the radiator.
I recently changed my head gaskets and evry other item having to do with the cooling system. After 20 minutes it would overheat, I pulled the radiator out and took it to a radiator shop, he said it was 70%plugged. I put it in and now it runs at halfway on the gauge, and doesnt go higher even in summer with ac on. Flushing radiator should be a yearly thing on a range rover.

brianspatz

December, 15, 2010 AT 12:18 AM

I have flushed the system and checked for air locks all fine water pump is ok

Dave H

December, 15, 2010 AT 1:08 AM

Flushing the radiator does not alway's clear all blockages. It could still be partially blocked?

Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser
Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230