CHARGING

1998 Land Rover Defender

grub72

1998 Land Rover Defender 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive

Hi I was wondering if I could keep a charger in my vehicle to recharge my second battery at the end of the day. It ill be isolated from the car and other battery durng charge. The cherger will be isolated during normal operation it will be fixed in place in vehichle

Battery Will Not Charge

Flashing Battery Indicator

mhpautos

January, 8, 2009 AT 12:05 AM

HI there,

You don't need a second charger, you can set the second battery up to charge off the alternator and have an isolator switch fitted so it wont discharge through the first battery, your mechanic or auto electrician can set this up for you.

grub72

January, 8, 2009 AT 1:45 AM

Yeh thanks I all ready have duel system fitted but as I only travel 10 minutes a day to and from work it does not run long enough to top it up so this is how I intend to top it up at night thanks for your advice

mhpautos

January, 8, 2009 AT 3:01 AM

Hi there,

You can get a solar trickle charger as as well, this will keep it topped up all the time, your spar parts shop should be able to get one for you.

Battery Replacement Guide
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Alternator testing done right