2006 Kia Sedona Oil leak from oil filter cap

STANTONLDR
  • 2006 KIA SEDONA
Greetings - my van has developed a massive oil leak. I traced the source to the cap of the oil filter, and I have replaced the O rings with OEM equipment. The leak continues - pouring, not dripping. Even when tightened to the appropriate specs (25 Nm), the upper O ring is forced out and the gusher begins. There are no dash warning lights indicating an oil pressure problem (yes, they are coming on at ignition). I am thinking the lube system is clogged and is causing excess pressure. Any ideas out there?
Cheers and a happy new year!
Monday, December 31st, 2007 AT 12:00 PM

NDDUNC01
I KNOW IM LATE ANSWERING THIS BUT IM NEW. TAKE IT BACK TO THE DEALER!GET THEM BY THE THROAT IF NESSARY ! USE YOUR WARRANTY.I HAVE A 04, IVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE STEERING AFTER MY WARRANTY RAN OUT, BUT THATS ALL[IVE GOT OVER 290000 MI ON IT!] IM A COURIER. KEEP IN TOUCH!
Friday, February 8th, 2008 AT 11:38 PM
GABEBLACK
I know this post is really old, but I am experiencing the exact same thing on my 2008 kia sedona. What ended up being the problem?
+2
Tuesday, January 12th, 2016 AT 1:55 PM