TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS HELP ME!!!!

2002 Kia Optima

mrzmike

2002 Kia Optima 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

i have a 2002 kia optima lx v6 with a auto/manual transmission when im going down the road the rpms go up but there is no power I shut off the car for a few mins. And start it back up and it will go but not very far and the samething happends can you help me?

Transmission Flare

Transmission Problem

bweinhe

January, 19, 2009 AT 10:05 AM

My wife has an 04 Kia Optima that has recently been experiencing transmission problems. We would be driving at any speed and suddenly the car felt like it slipped into neutral for about 2 seconds and the RPMs would go up. Then it would slip back into gear.

We took it to a mechanic and we found out the throttle sensor was out. Therefore the car had trouble determining what gear to stay in. We had the part replaced for under $200 (labor included) and the car works fine.

The new throttle sensor has to be programmed to switch gears, so make sure your have a good mechanic that can do this properly. Hope this helps.

Transmission Turbine Sensor Replacement