WINDSHIELD WIPER ISSUES

Jeep

Topgun63

April, 13, 2007 AT 6:12 PM

1986 Jeep CJ-7, 4.2L 5-speed. The windshield wipers will not turn off when the key is turned to the on position. I have replaced the switch, intermittant wiper governor, and motor. The switch ground wire is attached. Using a volt/ohm meter, I have determined that power is being shunted to the pink wire on the main harness plug that corresponds to the red wire on the W/W motor. The switch has no effect at all. The washer pump works appropriately. If I am reading the wiring diagram correctly, this pink wire is to the park switch on the motor. What would cause this problem if the only wire coming into the circuit is the main power and the only one leaving is the washer pump?

Jack42

April, 14, 2007 AT 8:56 AM

Sounds like you have some knowledge of electrical. Might need to do a continuity test of wires to be sure none of them have melted together or shorted. Is that a Multi-function switch on the column?

Topgun63

April, 14, 2007 AT 10:13 PM

Wires are all intact with no apparent shorts. There is no multifunction switch on the column, it is on the dash. The wiring doesn't go through the column it has an independant circuit. That is why I am puzzled. There is a white wire on the switch, which I am assuming is the ground wire. What else can it be?

Topgun63

April, 15, 2007 AT 2:19 PM

After going back and rechecking everything, I took the switch out of the dash and disconnected the ground wire. The windshield wipers still turn on with the key in the on position irrespective of the switch position. I don't understand this senerio. I have replaced all of the parts and the system still doesn't work. Could it be possible that I got a bad switch? I double checked the ground and no luck. What would you do in this situation?

Steve

trouble code

July, 17, 2007 AT 12:25 AM

Is there a relay in the circuit? It could have a bad/ rusty ground. Ohm the switch. : Idea:

pavehk

July, 25, 2007 AT 11:29 PM

I have the same problem with my 86 cj7. Did you fix it?

Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Windshield Wiper Replacement Ford Escape
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Wiper Blade Replacement Scion XD
Wiper Blade Replacement Acura MDX
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Ford F-250
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Mercedes