RIP OFF?

2002 Jeep Liberty

vivan16

2002 Jeep Liberty 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

Hello, I just got a 2002 Liberty from my mother and I took it in to a transmission place to get a transmission flush. I mentioned that it has been revving a bit when you start it in cold weather. After doing some diagnostics they found a T-case leak and say it is going to cost $1000-$1800 to fix! I find it a little coincidental that I happened to take it into a transmission specialist because I had a coupon for a flush and they find something seriously wrong with the transmission. How do I get a 2nd opinion without letting on what was previously found? Any suggestions? Is this BS?

mhpautos

Hi there,

Take the car to another transmission workshop, and ask for a test & report on the transmission, say that you are thinking of purchasing the car, but are unsure about the transmission.

Service Writer

January, 27, 2008 AT 9:45 AM

Maybe even take it to an independent shop and have it diagnosed. I really have a lack of faith in " transmission shops". Seems to be too many rebuilds needed that are not needed. IMHO.

Radiator Fluid Flush and Fill Ford Explorer
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Oil Change & Filter Chevrolet Equinox
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front