CHECK GAUGES & CHECK ENGINE LI

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee

VeeCathey

October, 22, 2010 AT 9:06 PM

1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 216, 00 miles

Both of the lights are on. The CE light stays on and the dealer claimed they weren't really sure what was wrong. Today the Check Gauge light came on. I drove 23 miles to Auto Zone. They said it could be a series of things. I think the code was 692. Should this be something I should be majorly concerned about, considering the fact that the CE light is on all the time? I don't have any money for another week. Should I park it? Also, how much is too much to pay for an alternator in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

merlin2021

October, 23, 2010 AT 8:11 PM

P0622 would be the generator field not switching properly. You need to be sure about the code? There are sevsral code types, " P" codes are the ones readable with a generic scanner, others are B and U also C, these are readable with specialized(high priced) tools. 3 digit codes without a letter before them arent much help. A garage with the right scan tool, and I hate to say this, but more and more frequntly it's the dealer, can scan and pinpoint problems with their DRB III tool than anyone else.

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon