• Tiny
  • 78 CJ7
  • Jeep CJ7

Just purchased a 1978 Jeep CJ7, odometer reads 98,000 miles could be more, 3speed, 252 I6. My question is the previous owner lived in Yuma, I live in Maricopa county and what will I need to pass emissions/smog? The origainal owner replaced the carb (2 bblinstead of 1bbl), and took out all vacuum lines, canisters, and such. Yikes? Will AZ/Maricopa allow TBI conversion? And if so what else will be needed? For visual inspection? Or do I have to back to stock 1 bbl carb vacuum lines etc? Help

Do you
have the same problem?
Wednesday, July 25th, 2007 AT 10:49 AM

1 Reply

  • Tiny
  • Jack42
  • Member

Not sure how AZ smog laws work, Im in socal. Take it to a smog station and ask them what will be req'd to bring it up to spec. Pretty sure at minimum the vapor canister and all vacuum lines will have to be installed

Was this
Wednesday, July 25th, 2007 AT 12:15 PM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Similar Questions