1993 Jeep Cherokee Blower Motor

Other Category problem
1993 Jeep Cherokee Engine Size unknown Two Wheel Drive Automatic 181, 00 miles

Hello.I had my blower motor replaced June 2007, and then had to have it replaced January 2008. The guy at the auto shop told me that the motor was drawing too much current, and that it melted the switch on the back. He also told me that he was really surprised that I didn't have an electrical fire with the extent of the melting. Do you think this is due to a faulty motor drawing too much current, or that my vehicle itself is allowing too much current to the motor? I have not had the fuses checked, but was told I might want to. What kind of fuse should it have? Also. When I first started smelling a burning smell in the heater (which promped me to have it looked at and we found out about the bm), I noticed I seemed to smell it more while it was running on cruise control? Is there a corrilation between the two? Could there be a faulty wire or an arch current leading form the CC to the BM?
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008 AT 9:56 AM

1 Reply

  • 17,250 POSTS
Usually if the resistor is no good, your blower won't run, but it may be allowing too much current to flow to the motor, replace the resistor and test the voltage with all fan speeds. The lower the switch position, the lower the volts to the motor.
Was this
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2008 AT 10:07 AM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Sponsored links