1992 Jaguar XJ6 Plug and Wire help

JAGMAN79
  • 1992 JAGUAR XJ6

1992 Jaguar XJ6 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 125k miles

I have a 1992 Jaguar XJ6 Sovereign with 126k miles on it. Other night the car was accting funny on me and had a very bad miss fire. So I order 6 plugs wire set and new distributor cap. Checked the distributor rotor and it seems fine. Replace all the plugs and match up the wires and place them. After all that I went to turn the car over and it started for about 4 mins and killed. After that it wont turn over. I have contact but its a little weak.

My question is, do you think the distributor is bad itself or the timing is off?

Saturday, May 24th, 2008 AT 12:39 PM

JAMES W.

I have to assume you have the firing order correct if the car started at first. Check the spark at the end of a couple of plug wires. Spark, YES? If no, ckeck inside the dist. To see if rotor is OK. Yes, check spark at the coil wire-distributor end. If OK, check fuel flow at the fuel rail. Please advise. We can go from there.

Tuesday, October 7th, 2008 AT 12:03 PM