2005 Jaguar X-Type 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 43.200 miles
Bought car 08/13/09 with 37, 700 miles and extended warranty. In 03/12/10, dealer invites me for free oil change and then tells me car needs
$784.00 in servicing:
- replace windshield wipers;
- clean battery terminals and cable connections;
- front wheel alignment;
- check front suspension;
- replace air & pollen filters;
- relplace fuel filter & filter fuel; and
- fuel emission service, clean fuel injectors & intake
system of carbon.
I can understand that maybe front wheel alignment off from hitting pot-holes, but was all other work necessary after only 6 mos. Of purchase and 6,000 miles of driving?
Also, since purchase, had to bring for service for following:
- driver side front lens loose & replaced;
- jammed L/R door latch and cable parts
- replace front door glass channel rubber; and
- parking light P/S not working.
These serviced for free, but shouldn't they have been checked prior to purchase?
Also, now my bright lights sometimes turn-on when I turn-off ignition & deaqler telling me I'm depressing the "panic button" on key while turning-off ignition.
I tried depressing each button on key while turning-off & that not the problem.
Am I being paranoid and picky or are these guy lame?
have the same problem?
Wednesday, March 31st, 2010 AT 6:52 AM