WATER PUMP LEAKING

Jaguar

Anne Morgan

October, 31, 2007 AT 11:48 PM

I have a 2003 Jaguar S type with a 6 cyl engine. It has 31,000 miles. I took it to a local service station for an oil change and a week later the light came on saying low engine coolant. I returned to the service station and they told me that I have a leak in the water pump. Could they possible have caused this and would they not have been able to tell if it had a leak in when changing the oil. It had no problems before taking it in and should not be leaking after 31,000 miles.

mhpautos

November, 18, 2007 AT 6:06 AM

Hi there, as this post is a few week old you may already have resolved this, but I will give an opinion just in case. Normally there is no reason for the water pump to start leaking after an oil change. What you will have to find out, is if they tightened any fan/ drive belts during the service, as it is possible that if they did, they may of over tightened the water pump belt and overloaded the bearing and seal.

Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Water Pump Replacement Made Easy
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler